Help Us Help
The Sensory Processing Disorder Foundation is a world leader in SPD research, education, and advocacy. Your frequent and generous support helps us make a difference in the lives of the millions of children, adults, and families whose daily lives are chronically disrupted by the debilitating symptoms of SPD.
How your donation helps
One study (Ahn, Miller, Milberger, McIntosh, 2004) shows that at least 1 in 20 children’s daily lives is affected by SPD. Another research study (Ben-Sasson, Carter, Briggs-Gowen, 2009) suggests that 1 in every 6 children experiences symptoms of Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) that are significant enough to affect their ability to participate fully in everyday life. Among gifted children and children with autistic spectrum disorders and some other conditions, the numbers are much higher.
For these children, their families, and the adults they become without treatment...
RESEARCH is desperately needed to identify the sources, the symptoms, and the effective treatments of this "hidden handicap."
EDUCATION is imperative so that teachers, health-care providers, and parents will recognize the signs of SPD and know how to respond in the most effective manner possible.
ADVOCACY is essential to assuring that the disorder is identified in diagnostic manuals, accommodated in the schools, and otherwise recognized by professionals, institutions, and organizations
The SPD Foundation has been committed for 30 years to research, education, and advocacy. But sensational children, adults, and families with SPD need more – more research, more education, more advocacy.
That means the SPD Foundation needs more of your support. Your support helps:
- Fund scientific research into the underlying causes of SPD and the best means of treating it
- Support education so that families and professionals better understand SPD
- Further advocacy for recognition of SPD as a legitimate diagnosis in the diagnostic manuals used by physicians, psychologists, and insurance companies
- Underwrite the SPD Treatment Directory, the only national online directory of health care, educational, and community service providers experienced in working with SPD
- Facilitate SPD Parent Connections groups that bring parents together for education
- And much more!
Easy and secure ways to make a gift to the Sensory Processing Disorder Foundation
- Online: Secure online giving: www.givedirect.org One time gift or recurring gift options are available
- By mail: Download the donation form and mail it to us
- By fax: Download the donation form and fax it to us
- By phone: Call us at 303-794-1182 to make a donation
- Monthly: nothing could be easier! Download our download the donation form to make a regular monthly donation
Sensory Processing Disorder Foundation is a GuideStar Exchange Silver Participant
Additional Ways of Giving
- SPD Spin Challenge! Participate in a sensory spin to promote awareness about Sensory Processing Disorder and encourage donations to research for treatment for SPD
- Find out more about Planned Giving. By remembering the SPD Foundation in your estate plans, you can leave a wonderful gift to children with Sensory Processing Disorder.
- Donate your vehicle! Call Donate-a-Car toll-free at 1-800-513-6560 seven days a week, and let them know that your donation should be credited to the SPD Foundation. Read our FAQ page for important information about your car's title, how the vehicle is picked up, etc.
- eBay Giving Works: You can support the SPD Foundation when you buy or sell on eBay, with the eBay Giving Works program