Parents of Children 0-6 Years Old Needed for Online Survey

New online survey for parents of young children, 0-6 years old.

We are currently looking for parents of young children to take part in a new 20-25 minute online research study.

Babies 0-3 years old (0-47 months) and/or preschoolers 4-6 years old.

The study is conducted entirely online and consists of a series of questionnaires about your child. You can complete all the questionnaires at once or a little at a time, and even completing just a few of the questionnaires would be very valuable.

Computer babyWe need parents of both typically developing children as well as those with a diagnosis of:

• - ADHD
  • - Autism spectrum disorder
  • - Anxiety disorder
  • - Sensory Processing Disorder

Furthermore, if you have an older child with any of these diagnoses we are very interested in their younger siblings.

The goal of this study is to understand how differences in sensory processing are related to a number of personality and behavioral characteristics, in both clinical disorders, such as Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), but also within other disorders and within typical development. We also want to better characterize the sensory processing differences within SPD to better understand the various subtypes. The information we collect could be useful to further understand the causes of sensory dysfunctions, leading to better therapies to improve the lives of children and families who are affected.

Please feel free to pass this email to friends and family who might be willing to participate!

For more information and to participate in this study, click here.

This project has been reviewed by the Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions Institutional Review Board (IRB).

10 Responses to “Parents of Children 0-6 Years Old Needed for Online Survey”

1. Andrea Mercer says:

My 5 year old daughter was just diagnosed with SPD today, by her occupational therapit, that she was referred to for developmental delay.

2. Abby Dodge says:

I would be happy to fill out the survey. I have a typical child and a child with SPD. They are 4.

3. Jaclyn Olsen says:

I have two children who have been diagnosed with proprioceptive hyposensitivity. Neither has been officially diagnosed with SPD yet, but it is definitely on the table for both of them. My daughter is 2 and my son is 6. He is more affected physically with a constant need to move….he literally is in pain if made to sit still. He is also probable for vestibular hyposensitivity. My daughter is affected both physically and speech wise as her hyposensitivity is strong in her mouth and makes speech very difficult for her. We haven’t noticed signs of vestibular hyposensitivity with her yet.

My son also has intense reactions to other sensory stimuli and is hypersensitive emotionally to several things as is my daughter.

I don’t know if you’re interested in us, but this study is fascinating.

4. susanne says:

Thank you, Abby. Just follow the link on the blog post.

5. susanne says:

Andrea, if you are interested in completing the study, please click on the link in the blog post. If you have any questions there is an email and phone number on the consent form.

6. nakeya wallace says:

I would love to participate in this research study, however my son has not been diagnosed with SPD, although I feel like this is something he could have, because he has to play in my face at naptime and bedtime, hes a very picky eater, it can be cold and he still does not want to be covered, hes seeing a occupational therapist and a speech therapist and that is how i found out he could have SPD, so they are going to evalutate him and see if it a issue.

7. susanne says:

Jaclyn, yes, we would love you to take the study. We emailed you directly.

8. Priscilla says:

Hi – I have a 6 yr old with SPD. Would love to help with the study.

9. susanne says:

Hi Priscilla, just click on the link in the blog and follow the steps. Thank you!

10. susanne says:

Nakeya, Thank you for your interest in this study. You can still take the study and enter a comment in the suspected diagnosis question. You should have received a direct email from our research department.